Celebrating 20 Years of CABS
Friday 30th October 2015, 10.30am – 5pm
The Open University, 1-11 Hawley Crescent, Camden, London, NW1 8NP
This latest seminar from the Centre for Ageing and Biographical Studies (CABS) at The Open University and the Centre for Policy on Ageing (CPA) looks at the issues involved in research and social media. The seminar will consider two distinct but closely related issues:
· How social media are used to develop distinctive research methods and how the use of social media can enhance established research methods
· The implications of research findings about older people’s use (and non-use) of social media
We are pleased to announce the following speakers:
· Dr Shibley Rahman
· Ian Watson (IRISS)
· Lara Crisp (Gransnet)
· Professor Shailey Minocha (The Open University)
Registration is now open! Cost: £40 for the day (including lunch and refreshments) - £20 concessions (students and unwaged). Please visit our website to book your place.
In addition, we will be celebrating 20 years of CABS with a free wine reception from 4.00 p.m
CABS members ‘old and new’ will reflect on:
· What has changed in ageing/biographical studies?
· What is still relevant?
· What are the current ‘burning issues’?
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact the events team at HSC-REfirstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)1908 332530.